Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Shamanic journey begins by Rosanna Ienco


"Inside each and every one of us is true brilliance. It is deep down in your very core. Capture the essence of your being and bring it into creation. Explore and Expand, to touch the world with your magnificence."


I could hear the pounding of the drum. As my heart began to race
the beat grew louder. I found myself traveling rapidly through a
long dark tunnel. Filled with curiosity and anticipation, I drifted
forward, weightless to what seemed to be the lower world. I knew
of this place from the descriptions I had heard and read about. I
moved quickly through the passage, the opening of a powerful
tree growing in the woodland. I named this tree my Grandmother
Tree and I called her this because she is old and strong.
I started to giggle, I felt like an innocent girl playing freely in
the green hills, amongst beautiful flowers with the soft wind
blowing through my hair. The experience was beginning to
remind me of when I was given laughing gas during childhood
visits to the dentist.
The giddiness ebbed. The strange darkness of the passage had
brought me to my destination, or so I thought. I heard the familiar
sound of running water, which was very soothing and calming
for me—I started to feel much more relaxed. I could hear the
sweet melodies of birds singing and my fear began to evaporate.
I had embarked on a journey and awakened part of my soul.
I came across a small pond and felt compelled to jump into the
still clear water. I found myself swimming underneath, leaving
the air and sunlight behind me.
I felt as though I was going between worlds, the lower and
middle. I felt obliged again. This time I came up to the surface but
I was jolted backwards, discovering it was solid ice. I could not
break through. I swam until, suddenly, I was met by a polar bear
that had pierced the frozen barrier with the strength of his paw. I
gently broke through the splintered ice and as my head popped
up, I saw a new landscape.
This was a snowy white plateau surrounded by mountains, it
was very cold but, curiously, this did not bother me. I looked up
and I could see a brightly lit sky with hundreds of stars shining
down on the spectacular scenery. I pulled myself out of the water
and was immediately met by an Inuit man.
He had chocolate-brown eyes, short black hair, chiseled cheekbones
and a wispy moustache. I guessed he was around forty
years old and carried a great strength with him. He stood tall and
I knew instinctively that not even the greatest wind force could
knock him down. We looked into each other’s eyes and he smiled
warmly at me. There was something very familiar about this man,
as if I had known him all my life. For the first time, I had met a
spirit guide.
In the distance I could hear Arctic wolves howling. These
mysterious sounds made me feel comfortable and welcomed by
this beautifully barren landscape. In a strange way it felt like
home. (A book excerpt from Awakening the Divine Soul)

Who is your Spirit Guide?

No comments: